Welcome to Victor’s Village! We’re an original Hunger Games blog, here to throw some spice into the fandom mix!
We’re not here to post news– you can view any of our marvelous affiliates for that– we’re here to GET REAL.
To help you figure out this conundrum, here’s a list of a few groups we’re here for:
1. The Characters and The Amazing Suzanne Collins - Not that you really need us. We hear you’re doing pretty well on your own! However, fans are a never-ending source of opinion on all of you and we’re going to break. it. down.
2. The Fandom - Let’s face it, one among the many thousands (millions, even?!) of us is going to break down into a crazy stalker. Others will cover their bodies in poorly done THG tattoos. There will be poor life choices and even worse fangirling all over the internet. We’ll point it all out as a Public Safety Announcement of sorts: NEVER BE THAT FAN.
3. The Actors - For when you finally decide to pursue that ill-advised music career. Or when those (not-so) tasteful nude photos you took to “break into the business” surface online. Or when you finally bust up one of the members of the paparazzi that will follow you around constantly once the film is released. We’ll be there for you! ..Sort of.
4. The Filmmakers - You’re like our child. We love you, but you worry us. A lot. We’re going to question your decisions a bit, not because we don’t trust you. It’s just in our nature. We fans feel responsible for your overall success. No judgments until the movies are out, but if some terrible montage or extra-cheesy scene kills part of the film for us, you better believe we are going to let you know! It’s for your own good, dammit!
5. The Haters - Every good franchise has ‘em. They’re bound to pop up soon. When they do, we’ll smack ‘em right back down like the Internet’s most badass game of Whack-A-Mole ever! Because no matter what we’ve got to say about the series, this blog is dedicated to it for a reason!
Interactivity is the name of the game here, so if you’ve any interest in blogging about The Hunger Games weekly or just once or you’ve got an interesting topics for us, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Let’s Get Social
Now that we’re introduced, feel free to internet stalk us. Don’t worry, we dig it.
Behind The Scenes
Victor’s Village was created by The Girl With The Pearl, a twenty-something with a very expensive degree in Journalism that she’ll probably never get to put to good use, so instead she blogs her little heart out. She discovered the series thanks to internet buzz in the summer of 2010. She also co-runs The Fandom, where you can geek out about other fan favorites.
Twiffidy is a writer for Victor’s Village who has a degree in something really boring but is interested in all things entertainment and of course all things Hunger Games. Also an admin for Hunger Games news site Welcome to District 12, she needs many outlets for all her THG-related feelings, because there are a lot of them, after officially getting hooked on the series in 2010.
Go to: Welcome to District 12
Them There Eyes is a twenty-something, over-educated entertainment fiend. She started reading The Hunger Games series in late 2010, and hasn’t looked back since. She likes long walks on rocky wind swept beaches, soy cafe mochas, and mid-century and French Neoclassic furniture. Peeta is her favorite character.
Go to: Downton Abbey Breakdown