Jen and That Other Josh
Happy Guest Post MONDAY!
Yup, you read that right! We like to do some bobbing and weaving of schedules every now and again, just to keep you on your toes!
Today, we’ve got a great guest post from Hunger Games Book Bookclub! It’s all about one of our journo crushes, who brings out the best in a certain actress and doesn’t see much credit for creating hilarity!
I may not BE very funny, but I am a FAN of someone who is: the Hunger Games fandom’s very own Jennifer Lawrence. (OK, folks, we don’t actually own her… it’s just an expression.) If you’ve been around the Hunger Games fan block, you’ve probably seen a few humorous interviews with Jennifer and Josh. No, not Josh Hutcherson. I’m talking about Josh Horowitz, the interviewer from MTV.
Josh Horowitz is a lovable, quirky, nerdy guy that interviews Hollywood celebrities. If this were a “Pretty in Pink” scenario, Josh would be the Duckie character. He tries to ask different questions from same old, same old. A great example would be his MTV “Yes or No” show. He asks the questions and the answer from the celebrity must be a “Yes” or a “No”. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, yes… and no.
In the course of Hunger Games events, Josh Horowitz has had plenty of opportunities to interview Jennifer Lawrence, sometimes by herself and sometimes with her Hunger Games leading man, Josh Hutcherson. All of their interviews have some funny moments! Here are a few of my personal favorites:
- When Josh Horowitz asks how Jen and Josh Hutcherson met. Hutch can’t quite remember, but Jen is very insistent that they were dancing and that she was wearing a white dress, not a pink one! (Girls remember that sort of thing.)
- When Jen says that Josh Hutcherson is so charming, it is like a dog licking her face.
- When Jen tells Josh Hutcherson that he is sexier than Robert Pattison because of his accent: “You sound like a hick sometimes!”
- When Jen keeps saying to Josh Hutcherson about Katniss and Peeta’s eventual nuptials, “We’re getting married, AACK!”
- When Jen says, “I sound so annoying when I talk about myself in the past!”
There are other funny Jen/Josh moments, but if you really want to get a laugh, then you need to see the comedy sketch that Jen and Josh (Horowitz) did together when Jennifer tries to improve Josh’s interview skills. It includes her yelling at him, spraying him with bronzing spray, breaking off his glasses, etc. Doesn’t sound as funny on paper, but this is physical comedy, folks. You’ve gotta see it at MTV’s After Hours at the Movie Awards.
And for our Word Power exercise for the day, if you remember the interview where Jen uses the word “COPIOUSLY”, find a way to include it in your comments below!
Hunger Games Bookclub